Backdating claim

Some of the elements on this page require cookies to function correctly.

Usually a Council Tax Reduction claim is paid from the date it has been received.

However, occasionally, some customers will want it paid from an earlier date, in other words, they want us to 'backdate' their reduction.

You can request backdating on your Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction claim form.

If you are already getting benefit, please contact us.

The law allows us to backdate your benefit for upto one month from the date you asked us to, and you must give good reason (good cause) why this should be done.

Last modified 08-Oct-2019 08:06